The Canadian Government published news about the Federal Skilled Worker program that will open on May 4, 2013. This program changes every year according to the labour market needs.
¿Who can qualify under the Federal Skilled Worker program 2013?
In addition to meeting the minimum number of points, the candidates need at least 12 months of full time work experience during the past ten years in one of the following professions:
- Engineering managers
- Financial and investment analysts
- Geoscientists and oceanographers
- Civil engineers
- Mechanical engineers
- Chemical engineers
- Mining engineers
- Geological engineers
- Petroleum engineers
- Aerospace engineers
- Computer engineers (except software engineers/designers)
- Land surveyors
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- Inspectors in public and environmental health and occupational health and safety
- Audiologists and speech-language pathologists
- Occupational Therapists
- Medical laboratory technologists
- Medical laboratory technicians and pathologists’ assistants
- Respiratory therapists, clinical perfusionists and cardiopulmonary technologists
- Medical radiation technologists
- Medical sonographers
- Cardiology technicians and electrophysiological diagnostic technologists
*You can click on each profession for more details.
¿How many candidates will be accepted?
There is a maximum of 5,000 accepted applications, with a maximum limit of 300 per profession.
- In order to apply, the candidate should first get his studies evaluated by a designated institution.
- The minimum level of English is of Canadian Language Benchmark 7 in all four skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing). The accepted exams are CELPIP and IELTS for English and TEF for French. It has to be a recent examination (2 years or less).
- For CELPIP, the minimum is of 4L.
- For IELTS the minimum is of 6.0 in each ability
- For TEF, 206 in writing, 248 in oral comprehension, and 309 in both speaking and writing on the TEF to meet the minimum language threshold of NCLC 7.ita.
- The minimum points in order for one to qualify is of 67 out of 100.
Related video: youtube.com/martineaumindicanu