The Canadian government has published the immigration plan for the year 2013. The accepted number of immigrants will be the same as in the last five years, meaning some 250,000 persons.
Here are the number of immigrants by category:
- Canadian experience Class – 10,000 (30% more than in 2012, 75% more in comparison with 2009). Since the opening of this program in 2008, more than 20,000 people have obtained the permanent residence through this way.
- Parent and grandparent sponsorship -25,000. This is for the files that are already in processing and it was not announced yet when will the program reopen. The temporary suspension of this program allows the government to process the great number of files that were already received and are waiting for a decision. The planned number means an increase by 60% in comparison with the year 2010 and it is the highest number in almost 20 years.
- Skilled workers – Federal Program – 55,300 persons
- Entrepreneurs – Federal program – 6,000 persons
- Spouse sponsorship and children – 48,300 persons
- Refugees and humanitarian cases – 28,500 persons
- Quebec skilled workers – 42,000 persons
- Quebec entrepreneurs – 2,600 persons
Quebec Immigration Programs
It is interesting that the Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities published the immigration plan for the year 2013 after the federal government, and had announced between 31,400 and 32,700 Quebec skilled workers to be accepted and 3,400 to 3,700 business people. These numbers are not in accordance with the CIC plan, but the federal authorities announced that Quebec’s ranges will be accommodated within the federal existing total planning range. 30% of Quebec immigrants will come from Africa, 23% from America, 28% from Asia, and 20% from Europe.
Image of: http://affordablemedicareplan.com